What it Does
Translution API provides direct access to Translution Central (where our machine translation engines are hosted)
and provides automated translation integrated into any internet enabled application.
It utilizes your own dictionaries and translation memories to provide a much higher quality of automated translation - we call this next generation translation quality.
How it Works
Translution API sends the text translation request to Translution Central, our totally secure, scalable and resilient hosted data centre.
Translution Central then identifies the file format (XML, plain text, RTF, PDF or HTML), translates the
document using your dictionaries and translation memories and sends the translation back.
Simple to Implement
Translution API can be very easily deployed by simply adding a few lines of code into your application.
Translution API optionally uses the https protocol, encrypting your data, meaning that your data is totally secure. Optionally, SSL can also be used.
Works with any application
Translution API can be used for many applications such as database translation, chat translation, translation of blogs, and email translation.
It can also be embedded directly into content management systems, document workflow, manufacturing processes and e-commerce.
Because it uses SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) Translution API can be integrated with any internet enabled software application.
SOAP is the industry standard W3C recommendation and provides an extensible method for software applications to communicate with one another regardless of operating system and development language.
In addition we also provide an Application Programming Interface (API) for .net applications which further simplifies the web service request and response procedures.
Translution API is a fully featured API providing the following features:
- Supports either 8 languages (European version) or 14 languages (Global version)
- Multiple target languages can be specified
- Supports translation of plain text, HTML or XML strings
- Supports translation of Word Documents (.doc, .rtf formats)
- Supports translation of Adobe PDF Documents (translated into mht format only - can be read by browsers)
- Supports the separation of mutiple source texts within a single request
Improved Quality of Translation
Translution API supports the use of various linguistic resources to deliver next generation translation.
- Customized dictionary support
- Translation memory support
- Do Not Translate (DNT) (for terms such as company names, contact names, product names, addresses, etc) can be implemented either by using them within a specialized dictionary, or by marking up the source text.
- 21 pre-loaded domain dictionaries can be used
- The formality of the translation can be set.
Translution API is high performance and designed to provide fast translations. The speed of the translation depends upon the size of the source content to be translated.
To discuss your requirements in more detail and to get a quotation, please contact us.